1. In the end, love is all that matters.
2. Sugar, meat, and stress will kill you.
3. You never have to try to impress the people who truly love you.
4. A good bottle of wine can turn an ordinary evening into an extraordinary one.
5. Never marry a man (or woman) who doesn't take care of his shoes because he won't take care of you.
6. Don't spend everything you make.
7. Your job is what you do. It is not who you are.
8. Sweat for at least 30 minutes each day.
10. Always buy the best because it will save you money in the long run.
11. Marry the man (or woman) who makes you laugh.
12. Keep track of the things you're grateful for (try keeping a Gratitude Journal).
13. Travel as often as you can. America is just one small part of this amazing planet we call home.
14. Drink water.
15. Never, ever, ever sleep in your makeup or contact lenses.
16. Have enough money saved so that you can tell them to "kiss your 2$$" if it ever comes to that.
17. Dogs are angels in disguise.
18. Always wear sexy (and clean) underwear.
19. Know how to change your oil, fix a tire or have AAA on speed dial.
20. Don't waste your time on phony friendships.
21. Cherish your family.
22. Take time to pray and meditate every day.
23. Spend at least 10 minutes a day outside in the sunshine.
24. Eat off the good china and drink out of the crystal because tomorrow may never come.
25. Forgive people.
26. Forgive yourself.
27. No one speaks for God. Decide what makes sense to you.
28. Always measure wealth by those things money cannot replace (family, friendship, health, etc).
29. Never get caught up on titles. We're all just people with the same hopes, fears, and dreams.
30. Listen to your intuition, your mother, and your mentor.
31. Surround yourself with beautiful things (literature, art, music, nature).
32. It doesn't matter if you can't dance. Dance anyway!
33. Speak life over people. There truly is power in the tongue!
34. Time is not your friend! It will always be working against you.
35. Turn off the phone sometime. You're really not that important.
36. If a child asks for one more story or one more kiss, give it!
37. Protect your knees and your back because once they're gone things will never be the same.
38. Tell the people you care about how amazing they are. Let the rest of the world point out their deficiencies. That's not your job.
39. Have a go to meal that you can whip up in an emergency.
40. Smile and say hello to strangers.
41. Believe but verify.
42. Get 8 hours of sleep.
43. Never take yourself too seriously.
44. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time (Thanks Maya Angelou for this one).
45. Don't compare yourself to others because you never know what they had to go through to get to where they are.