Sunday, June 9, 2013

Do You Know How Beautiful You are?

Do you know how beautiful you are?
I don't think you do.
Why can't you see your magnificnce?
What will it take for you to honor your own unique beauty?
You ignore the way your smile brightens up the room and your eyes shine when you are happy.
Why can't you see that the world is a better place because you are in it?
In stead you have measured your beauty by standards that don't matter. No one really cares how much you weigh or how old you are. The color of your hair or skin is irrelvent because beauty comes in so many diffrent forms. Haven't you ever seen a garden? Why can't you see that when you offer love by holding a hand or saying a kind word you are the most beautiful thing in creation?

Do you know?

Do you know that you are loved? Not because of what you do or what you have, but simply because you are. Because you were created and you are here and that is all that matters.

But I don't think you see it because I've witnessed you looking  in the mirror and picking  yourself apart. You would never allow anyone to use such violence against you, yet you attack your own spirit constantly by criticizing every thing about your self. You buy pills and potions to make yourself everything you're not. You are tall but you wish to be short. You are short, yet you wish to be taller. You are too thin, too fat, too this or too that. Why can't you see that you are already more than enough? There is nothing about you that needs to be improved upon?

On the day you were born the universe marvelled at your magnificence. Your sheer perfection. Every creature recognized your worth. Why can't you see it now?

It does not matter how many times I show you because you must see it for yourself. Although I wish I could,  I cannot make you recognize  the brilliance of your being, the simple perfection of who you are. Even if I scream it as loud as I am able, I can't make your hear me because your inner voice must be louder.

But I won't give up on you.

Please promise me that today you will try to see just how beautiful you are. Not in an arrogant and prideful manner, but in a gentle, loving one. Can you promise me that today you will try to recognize and acknowledge your loveliness, your magnificence, your beauty in some small way?

I need you to know just how beautiful you are because once you see your beauty  you will recognize mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment